Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Recreating the balance

Families are like mobiles, or so I once read. There is a balance in each family that creates stability, harmony. If one piece changes it throws the whole balance off. Everyone needs to shift to accommodate this change to make sure that the overall balance is maintained.

When my Mum died almost five years ago now, our mobile was forced to shift, life felt like a yo yo as we all adjusted to the piece that was removed. The family communicator was gone, the one who knew what all the other pieces were doing was no longer there to keep us all up to date.

As we have just past another mother's day and birthday I have been reflecting on our new balance. It feels like after five years we may have settled. I don't feel so tossed around. The are constant adjustments but I think our mobile is calming down.

This is not to say that the missing piece is not always felt. The weight of Mum's absence has become part of the new balance. She will always be a part of all the pieces.

2 comments:

  1. What an apt little saying - like it muchly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are finding your balance :o)

    ReplyDelete