Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

To be or not to be...



The call went out for volunteers to be class parents. Most of the Kindy classes has many parents put up their hand, our class had four. And yes, I was one of them. We only need two.

I saw it as an opportunity to get to know the school, the other parents, the teacher, the other children in the class. As I have said before I am am not the most extroverted person so I find having a job to do makes helps me to get to know people. As we will be at the school for many many years, I figure we might as well dive in at the beginning.

Part of it might be that I loved school and I want to do all that I can to help my children love it too. I also don't mind me a bit of admin to help out a good cause.

How hard can it be to be a class parent? Or am I totally underestimating what is involved? You don't do it alone so that has to help. Any tips for new players?

We have our parent teacher information night tonight so I guess I will find out then if I am or if I am not ..... stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I was class parent last year and it was great fun. We just organised a few get togethers here and there for our class and the greater Kindy class. For instance, we had a family picnic on the last Sunday of the first school holidays. A get-together before they returned to school on the Monday. We also had 2 parents-at-the-pub nights and a Kindy-wide picnic day.

    I was also the 'go-between' for our teacher and the class for things like emails to remind parents to return readers and stuff. Plus I had to get involved for one parent who was too shy to ask the teacher about something.

    Easy peasy and I really got to know all the parents well. Go for it, you'll be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete