Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Birthday wishes to my little brother.

I have one little brother who is not so little anymore! Today he enters his last year in his twenties! Some of my fondest childhood memories of our time together come from about a decade ago. Lately my thoughts wander back times where we thought we had tricked our parents into thinking we were alseep when really we were both lying just in the shadows of our doorways talking to each other. There was something very special about that shared secrecy and feeling like a team. And his was and is a great team to be part of. He is a very kind and gentle soul which reminds me a lot of our Mum in that regard. He will stand up for what he believes in with a quiet determination which gains peoples respect. He is just great. So I raise a glass to you today little brother and say thank heavens for little brothers, without them what would big sisters do! Happy Birthday! (enjoy Zumbos!)

Dancing tip - Give your brother a hug.

4 comments:

  1. Love your work dwob... this looks like it going to be a quality blog... I also think it be worthy of literary praise... very warm words. Thanks for your love to me. Looking forward to reading more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tribute to your little brother! Good on you for getting started in the blogging world :) I am your first follower!

    ReplyDelete