Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fruit and Veg...

A few years ago now we joined a fruit and vegetable co-op. For $10 a week we get a reasonable amount of fruit and veg delivered to our door.

The catch is that every 12 weeks we have to go to the markets and do the shopping and deliver it to the other 11 families. We figure that the amount we save each week makes up for the Saturday morning we lose once every 3 months.

The idea is that we get tomatoes, 2 green vegetables and 2 fruits every week, with potatoes/sweet potatoes/pumpkins/onion/garlic/carrots on a rotating roster. Most weeks I need to top up our fruit as the girls could eat an apple tree each week!

So while we know basically what we are getting there is always an element of surprise and sometimes we get a lot of one thing. This week we have a whole pumpkin. I need to increase my pumpkin repertoire. I have a standard risotto and some pumpkin fritter but then my mind goes blank.


www.taste.com.au has given me some ideas but anyone else have any good ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment