Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Seeing the forest....


 
Some of you may have noticed that I have been trying to work on a theme for each day of the week for my blog. As I am partial to a bit of alliteration in my head we have...

 
  • Made it Monday for crafty things that I have made or want to make!
  • Tiny Tots Tuesday to reflect on my three lovely ladies - two were born on a Tuesday so that works quite well!
  • Whatever Wednesday for random observations
  • Think it through Thursday to encourage me to think a bit deeper
  • Frivolous Fridays to have a bit of fun.

 
I might not stick to these rigidly but at least it gives me a framework and then if you don't like a reading about crafty things then I can save you the trouble of stopping by on a Monday, for example!

 
So today I am thoughtful. I had my last bible study of the year where we looked at the Bible (next week is a social brunch). We looked at Psalm 73 which starts with Aspah almost angry at God as those who are wicked are the ones that are prospering. Often it can seem that doing the right thing gets you no where. The people who lie, cheat and steel seem to get further in life and are even sometime praised for it. In the psalm Aspah takes a step back and looks at the bigger picture. These wicked may prosper now but in the light of eternity their time in the spotlight will be short and they will then be judged by God. Sometimes it is hard to see the forest for the trees.

This week I am going to try and see the forest.

 
 'All he believes are his eyes, And his eyes, they just tell him lies.' Bob Dylan

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I am more familiar with the works of Bob Dylan than I am the Bible!

    I like the themed approach to your blog (I have been reading this week but struggling to find time to comment :( ) - gives you options to blog about whatever you like and doesn't hem you in to one type of blog eg. mummy blog, craft blog or whatevs.

    Coming from one as random as me you are probably not surprised!

    ReplyDelete