Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Burnt Orange

It was a beautiful Saturday morning. The first real spring start to a weekend. I donned a dress and went childless to Burnt Orange in Mosman to have breakfast with girlfriends.

I am in love. It has a great outlook, great food and a great shop to potter in.

While I ate my buttermilk pancakes with double smoked bacon and maple syrup and sipped my mango and orange smoothie I watched a parade of colourful yachts sail by the sparkling blue water. I also got to catch up with some of my favourite people.

The shops have the kind of stuff I love. It reminded me of some of the little shops I loved in countryside France when we once visited. Unfortunately I did not love the prices! Although that may have been a good thing so that I didn't leave with bags and bags of goodies. It did give me a few good ideas for future craft projects though.

I bought the top two mugs as gifts for friends.

The only downside of the morning was that it was over too quickly! It is also a shame that it quite a drive from my home but that too has the benefit of making it special when I do get to go back. And I definitely will be going back!!

http://www.burntorange.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment